11.5.10

Links and Strawberries

Over the next few days I'll be posting a lot of links up on the blog, so if you're reading on a feed-reader, be sure to check it out.


Today while I was at school, Keith called to say he was picking strawberries over at Jones Valley. Which made me a) jealous, and b) remember that we had strawberries last summer growing at school. After class, I went out and checked . . . and strawberries! What cheery little red miracles! And hearty, those things have survived since last summer with just about no care whatsoever. I went to help weed strawberries at the farm after school, which was a rather tedious job, but hopefully we'll have strawberries in the box tomorrow!

Also expected in the box: radishes, turnips, arugula, lettuce, and swiss chard

Did I mention that I don't think I've ever eaten a turnip!?

No comments:

Post a Comment