23.5.10

CSA Week Two

We are well into devouring our second CSA bundle of goodies. It is delicious. I've gotten the opportunity to share a lot of our bounty with friends, which has been a lot of fun. The lettuce, radishes, and turnips have been a hit.

This week our bag included another pint of scrumptious strawberries, two different kinds of head lettuce, and two spring lettuce mixes, easter egg radishes, black nero tundo radishes, and hakueri and scarlet-stemmed turnips. I'm developing more of a taste for the radishes and turnips. I especially like the turnips cut up in salads, and the radishes on bread with butter and salt. I'm posting a recipe that I haven't yet tried that would work with either the radishes or the turnips. It's crazy time with the last couple weeks of school wrapping up, but I can't wait to cook more and try new recipes when summer hits!



Root veggies: Nero Tundo black radishes, Easter Egg radishes, Scarlet-Stemmed turnips, and Hakurei turnips.

Head lettuce: Butter Crunch (bib) and Concept (romaine-bib cross)


1 comment:

  1. Wow, that looks great. I picked out the rest of our radishes today, about half were ok but half didn't really grow much (probably because I crowded them too much. I planted a row of snap peas in their place - must be I really love your mama, cause I really don't love peas!
    Love you guys,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete